Marcella Hazan's Pasta with Four Herbs
Prep time: 10 minutes
- A Frywall that fits (see our sizing guide)
- A large cast-iron or steel skillet
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb. ripe tomatoes
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound penne or rotini (gluten-free if desired)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box; drain and set aside. De-seed the tomatoes and chop into small cubes. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes with the chopped herbs.
Heat the oil in the skillet until it begins to smoke, then place the Frywall into position. Stir in the herbs and tomatoes, then stir in the cooked pasta after about a minute. Turn off the heat, serve, and enjoy. Feel free to top with additional drizzled olive oil, grated parmesan, black pepper, or all three.